This talk takes a look at a few of the upcoming ECMAScript features, which will (hopefully) become part of the ECMAScript Language Specification in the near future.
The slides are up on slidr.io, and also embedded below:
# Talk Outline
- TC39: Info on TC39, what they do, and how they work.
- ESNext Proposal: Field Declarations
- ESNext Proposal: Pipeline Operator
- ESNext Proposal: Optional Chaining
- ESNext Proposal: Null Coalescing
- ESNext Proposal: Dynamic Imports
- ESNext Proposal: Decimal
- ESNext Proposal: Cancellation API
- ESNext Proposal: Slice Notation
- ES2019 Feature:
- ESNext Proposal: Pattern Matching
The talk was recorded and the video is embedded below:
Thanks to the organisers for having me, and thanks to the attendees for coming to see me. I hope you all had fun attending this talk. I know I had making it (and whilst bringing it forward) 🙂
💁♂️ If you are a conference or meetup organiser, don’t hesitate to contact me to come speak at your event.
Leave a comment