Recently I configured my new MacBook Pro. I decided to start with a clean slate and not migrate anything from my old MacBook. To configure macOS I whipped up
./freshinstall, which automates that process.
Steps included are:
- Configure macOS Preferences and the like
- Generate and load SSH keys
- Install the essentials: XCode, Git, Homebrew
- Copy over my (starter) dotfiles (also contained in the repo)
- Install (and sometimes also configure)
allmost of the software that I use.
I don’t run ads on my blog nor do I do this for profit. A donation however would always put a smile on my face though. Thanks!