An extensive 5-part tutorial by the Apollo folks, using their own Apollo Client to communicate with the GraphQL Server:
Despite the great advantages of using GraphQL [over REST], the first step can be a bit daunting. That’s why I’ve started writing a series of tutorials that take you step by step through building a full-stack React app with GraphQL and Apollo Client. The series will guide you through the entire process of building an instant messaging app which uses GraphQL throughout.
- Part 1: Setting up a simple client
- Part 2: Setting up a simple server
- Part 3: Writing mutations and keeping the client in sync
- Part 4: Optimistic UI and client side store updates
- Part 5: Input Types and Custom Cache Resolvers
💁♂️ New to GraphQL? “So what’s this GraphQL thing I keep hearing about?” is a good intro to the subject. The GraphQL Documentation itself is also worth a look, as it explains the core concepts (Fields, Arguments, Mutations, etc) really good.