Are we designers or developers?

Roger asks an interesting question. Must say I call myself a web developer (or webninja when amongst geeks :P)

Published by Bramus!

Bramus is a frontend web developer from Belgium, working as a Chrome Developer Relations Engineer at Google. From the moment he discovered view-source at the age of 14 (way back in 1997), he fell in love with the web and has been tinkering with it ever since (more …)

Join the Conversation


  1. first off, what bothers me everytime on is that you have to scroll miles down to get to the comment form, develop that! 🙂

    to the question, i think you should be called webdeveloper for sure, because thats what you do.

    i don’t though, i just use wordpress and some plugins and fiddle with the the themes that are already out there (dunno if editing them comes close to designing a theme up from the ground). i copy & paste a lot of code, but only because i think i copied the right part, and then i see if it works.

    so when i do a site, i use someone elses code and style the interface how my aesthetical senses like it and do the graphics. so i guess i should call myself graphic & interface designer (if i am arrogant enough to give my hobby a professional title).

  2. Manu, check the left hand side of every post : first some publishing info and then … a “jump to comment form” link 😉

    And ooh, I you don’t want to be entitled as “webdeveloper” then I think you should be called a “webpuzzler” … taking bits and pieces from here and there, placing them all together so that they play nicely 🙂

  3. why “force” a user to click when theres plenty of space below where it could fit? makes no sense to me.

    i like graphic & interface designer and i think that’s what i do. webpuzzler sounds a bit too puzzling 😀

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.