Went to see U2 last night together with my girlfriend (yes, she’s back from the States!), my brother and a friend of hers.
After The Thrills and Snow Patrol (support act), U2 kicked off with Vertigo for the 50000 fans who where inside the stadium (may still were outside the stadium, eavesdropping 😛 ).
The show was perfect: big-ass videowall, 2 videoscreens with the 4 bandmembers in close-up on it, excellent music (what else when you’re watching U2?), good audience, good company, …
Some highlights (besides the excellent songs and band of course) :
- Bono referring to use Belgians as "chocolates" and suggesting to take a bite out of us
- The "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" scrolling over the videowall
- Vertigo being opening and ending track — round.trip 🙂
O yeah, here’s the full tracklist from the show:
- Until the End of the World
- Electric Co.
- New Yearâ€™s Day
- Beautiful Day
- City of Blinding Lights
- Miracle Drug
- Sometimes You Canâ€™t Make It On Your Own
- Love and Peace
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Bullet The Blue Sky
- Running to Standstill
- Pride in the Name of Love
- Where the Streets Have No Name
- Zoo Station
- The Fly
- Mysterious Ways
- All Because of You
Whilst awaiting some pics I snapped, here are two panoramas I shot in the Stadium before it all started 😉
- The Stadium, people getting in
- The Stadium, everybody inside – ready.to.poop! — notice Bono right in front of us 😛
- ** UPDATE : Pano by Pieter (see his location on the pano above) — excellent one!
Anywho, the show was awesome … if you have a chance to go, you MUST! >> .fun³ !